Maidenhead Delivers Terms of Service - Book A DriverPlease read these Terms carefully before continuing with any services from our Application. If you have any questions relating to these Terms please contact email@example.com before using our systems. Your legal rights are not affected by these Terms, which apply in addition to them and do not replace them. By using your Maidenhead Delivers account, you confirm that you accept these Terms.
1. Information About UsMaidenhead Delivers is operated by Delivery Central Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Unit 10, 12 Bridge Street, Maidenhead, SL6 8BJ United Kingdom. Our Company registration number is 12105490. Delivery Central is not currently VAT registered. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. PurposeOur objective is to supplement / supply / replace delivery driver services (our .Service.) for the restaurants we partner with (.Partner Restaurants"). Once you have placed an order at Maidenhead Delivers for a driver, your Items will be picked up from your location and delivered to your customer by Maidenhead Delivers (.Maidenhead Delivers Book A Driver.).
3. Your AccountBefore you can place orders for a driver using our Applications, you need to request a Maidenhead Delivers account. If you are approved for Credit Terms, you will be required to sign up a direct debit mandate in order to use the credit facility. If you do not have a credit facility agreed, you may need to prepay for services via credit card. When you obtain an account you should reset your password. You must keep any password you create, or other secure login method, secret, and prevent others from accessing your account. If another person uses your account, you will be responsible to pay for any deliveries made on your behalf, and we are not responsible for any other losses you suffer. You may close your account at any time by requesting via email using the contact details above. We may suspend your access to your account, or close it permanently, if we believe that your account has been used by someone else. We may also suspend or close your account if in our opinion you are abusing our Service (for example, by applying for refunds or credit to which we do not consider you are entitled, making repeated unreasonable complaints, late payment, mistreating our staff, or any other good reason). If we close your account permanently we will refund any remaining account credit.
4. Service AvailabilityWhile Maidenhead Delivers endeavour to ensure that the service is normally available within any agreed hours, Maidenhead Delivers shall not be liable if for any reason the service is unavailable at any time or for any period. Where possible Maidenhead Delivers will notify Restaurant Partners of any suspension to service. Access to the service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for other reasons beyond Maidenhead Delivers direct control. As orders coming into Maidenhead Delivers are not within the control of Maidenhead Delivers, occasionally delivery delays may build up. Under normal conditions, drivers are normally within Partner Restaurants within 20 minutes of the requested time. Under heavy conditions this may increase. When delivery delays build up, Maidenhead Delivers may notify their restaurant partners who should ensure any end customer systems are updated to show longer delivery times. Partner Restaurants should allow up to 30 minutes from pickup to delivery under normal conditions, and longer if notified. All deliveries are subject to traffic and weather conditions. To ensure drivers safety, no guaranteed delivery times should ever be quoted to end customers. All times are estimates only.
5. DeliveryWe will attempt delivery at the address you provide to us when you place your order. If you need to change the delivery location after you have placed your order, Maidenhead Delivers reserves the right to charge for a second delivery, and/or return the goods back to your store for another driver to pick up at a later time to take to the new address. Maidenhead Delivers will not be liable for any delays caused by a change of address or failed delivery.
Cancelations will only be possible if you let us know before the driver has been dispatched.
You may still be charged for delivery in the event of a failed delivery
Reasons you might be charged for a failed delivery include (but are not limited to):
Where a delivery is not possible through no fault of our own, for example - road closed by police, or flood; We will endeavour to return the goods to the partner restaurant and notify the partner restaurant accordingly. Maidenhead Delivers will not charge for these failed deliveries but also will not be liable for failure to deliver.
6. AlcoholAlcoholic beverages can only be sold and delivered to person.s aged 18 or over. Maidenhead Delivers operates the Challenge 25 age verification policy whereby customers who look under 25 will be asked by the delivery driver to provide proof that they are aged 18 or over. The driver may refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who does not look 25 unless they can provide valid photo ID proving that they are aged 18 or over, or someone else who looks over 25 is available to receive the order. The Partner Restaurant and the delivery driver may also refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. If delivery of alcohol is refused, you will still be charged for the delivery. The partner restaurant must inform the driver that alcohol is present in the order. If the driver is unaware of alcohol in the order . Maidenhead Delivers can take no responsibility for accidental delivery of alcohol to under 18.s.
7. CancellationYou may cancel a driver without charge any time before, the driver is dispatched to your site (a .started delivery.) If you wish to cancel an order before it becomes a Started Delivery, please contact us immediately, via our Application (where applicable) or any support telephone number.
If the Maidenhead Delivers confirms the delivery was not a Started Delivery, we will cancel/refund/credit back any charges/payments (excluding any discount, or Voucher that was applied to the delivery order)
8. Delivery and ChargesOur delivery prices do not currently include VAT. Delivery Central is not currently VAT registered. Maidenhead Delivers may operate dynamic pricing some of the time, which means that prices of delivery may change while you are using the service. Prices can also change at any time at our discretion. We reserve the right to charge a Service Fee, which may be subject to change, for the provision of our Services. You will be notified of any applicable Service Fee, dynamic pricing structures, and taxes at or before they apply via a rate-card.
9. TipsAll discretionary tips received by Maidenhead Delivers no matter how received go to drivers and are non-refundable.
10. Requirements on our Partner Restaurants
10.1 Food should be ready within 5 minutes of the stated pickup time. If food is not ready the driver may need to leave for another delivery. If this is the case, a second delivery request will need to be made.
10.2 Food should be kept hot where applicable while waiting for the driver, and be appropriately bagged. Maidenhead Delivers is not responsible for food going cold whist waiting for a driver. All Maidenhead Delivers drivers carry Heat protecting boxes ensuring food stays as hot as it is when received whilst being transported. Hot and cold items must be bagged separately.
10.3 All bags should be identified with the address of the delivery. Maidenhead Delivers is not responsible for delivering the wrong bag if the bags are not labelled. Where more than one bag goes to the same location, the total number of bags to be delivered should also be clear on the order or bags themselves. Maidenhead Delivers recommends marking .1 of 2. .2 of 2. for two bags etc.
10.4 Where payments have been made over the phone, the customer credit card receipt should be stapled to the/a bag.
10.5 All deliveries must have the address and a contact telephone number for the end customer present on the printed order which must be supplied with any bags.
12. Other TermsIf either we or you have any right to enforce these Terms against the other, that right will not be lost even if the person who has the right delays enforcing it, or waives their right to enforce it in any instance. If a court or other authority decides that any part of these Terms is illegal or ineffective, the rest of the terms will be unaffected and will remain in force. We may change these Terms from time to time. If we make any changes which affect your rights in relation to our Service, we will notify you. Changes to any Terms or Ratecard will not be retrospectively applied. These Terms are governed by English law and any legal proceedings will be applied in English courts.
13.1 General: Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
13.2 Exclusion of liability: We will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the Website or Service (including the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website) for:
- 13.2.1. any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 15.2.2. loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- 13.2.3. loss of business opportunity;
- 13.2.4. loss of anticipated savings;
- 13.2.5. loss of goodwill; or
- 13.2.6. any indirect or consequential loss.
13.3 Limitation of liability: Subject to clauses 13.1 and 13.2, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with our service or your use of it, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed twice the value of your related Order with us or £20, whichever is lower.
13.4 Additional costs: You assume full and sole responsibility for any additional or associated costs that you may incur in connection with or as a result of your use of our service, including without limitation costs relating to the servicing, repair or adaptation of any equipment, software or data that you may own, lease, license or otherwise use.